The project consisted of the complete conservation, restoration, refurbishment and upgrading of a listed three-storey over basement three-bay Georgian townhouse
- Very significant demolition works, including major temporary propping to allow for new opes through historic fabric, the removal of the top floor of the existing return and removal of existing first floor of return to create double height dining area.
- High water table required extensive tanking to entire basement area
- Bespoke floor to ceiling glazing system to basement wine storage area
- Restricted access to site requiring detailed traffic management plans and careful coordination of all deliveries and structural steelwork
- Conservation works to all retained internal joinery and period details including original cornices, sliding sash windows and lath and plaster ceilings and walls
- Installation of major Electrical and Mechanical packages, sensitively incorporated into the historic fabric, all to conservation best practices
Photos by Andy Sheridan