DUBLIN METROPOLITAN POLICE BARRACKS, LAD LANE, DUBLIN 2
Architect: TODD Architects
Completion Date: September 2017
This project consisted of the complete refurbishment and conservation restoration, and change of use of a significantly dilapidated 18th Century Metropolitan Police Barracks to a high spec turn-key apartment complex with ground floor commercial units.
The conservation works was carried out under the strict supervision of Dublin City Conservation.
- The site, being in a busy urban center, required detailed pedestrian and traffic management plans to ensure safety
- Significant demolition works, including major new structural opes
- Total internal fit-out of four-storey stone clad building,along with complete fit-out on ground floor commercial units ready for occupation.
- Construction of new architectural designed glass facade stairwell to the central courtyard incorporating a new pedestrian lift shaft.
- Civil works included new drainage network and re-landscaping to central courtyard area.
- Installation of major Mechanical and Electrical package, including passenger lift, security and alarm systems, CCTV system, new boiler house and air-conditioning
- Existing sash windows was carefully and methodically refurbished by experience in-house craftsmen.
- Extensive alteration to existing stone facade and forming new opes incorporating best conservation methods.