Griffith Barracks Multi-Denominational School
Project: Griffith Barracks Multi-Denominational School
Size: 2,290 m²
Location: The Old Guardhouse, Griffith Barracks, South Circular Road, Dublin 8
Status: Completion date on July 2017
Architects: The Office of Public Works
Client: Griffith Barracks Multi-Denominational School
We are delighted to present the completion of a new three story school at The Old Guardhouse, South Circular Road, Dublin 8.
The project included construction of a new school,a new three story building with a total of 16 classroom, with a general purpose hall, ancillary accommodation, ground level ball court, roof level secure play area, refurbishment works to the Old Guardhouse (a protected structure) and all other associated site works.
· Restricted access to site requiring detailed traffic management plans and careful coordination of all deliveries and structural steelworks and all precast products (floors and stairs).
· Installation of major Electrical and Mechanical packages for the new building.
· Installation of the lift.
· Installation of the disable system on the all three levels.
· Installation of new sanitary ware.
· Installation of new facilities (furniture in all the classrooms, in servery room, meeting room, bench on the lobby etc)
· Installation of a pergola on the GP Hall roof.
· Installation of all the sport equipment inside and outside.
· Installation of bike stand and outdoors benches
· Conservation works to all retained internal joinery on the Guard House and period details including:
· Strip out sanitary ware and replace
· Hack all plaster off wall and replace with cement based water proofer
· Hack tiles off floor and replace
· Carry out repairs to doors and windows and repaint
· Fit new mat, and carpet.
· Installation of major Electrical and Mechanical packages, sensitively incorporated into the historic fabric, all to conservation best practices
On our brochure you could see more photos with the work progress on the school!
ARCHITECTS 3D MODELS
WE'LL LIKE TO THANKS EVERYBODY INVOLVED IN THIS BEAUTIFUL PROJECT !